The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Just returned - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Just returned (/showthread.php?tid=102650)

Just returned - kylake - 11-20-2019

Picture of sunset one evening. The trip was fun as always and we went to town several times, west end a few times but mostly just chilled with friends. Music didn't start up until right before we left at Drifters and I caught a bad cold at the end of our 5 weeks which kinda messed up things we had planned to do the last 5 or 6 days.
There is a new and the first I believe, Medical Marijuana dispensary on the west end called Doc's. I believe it was previously Skywalk or something like that. Currently they have a few products but expect to be fully stocked in early 2020.
They have broken ground on the new Hi Lo in the new shopping area across from County Country. Also in that complex is a new hardware store called Boulevard Home Depot, Peppa's restaurant, a pharmacy, new NCB with inside ATM's and other various businesses. All and all it is a nice/fresh addition to the area.
[attachment=2914]

RE: Just returned - Firemon - 11-20-2019

I've never been fortunate enough to make it to the five week mark.  Most envious.  

Imagine you had a few pinch me moments as you settled into your accommodations.  

RE: Just returned - kylake - 11-21-2019

Yes, we are truly fortunate to be retired and able to enjoy Jamaica for longer periods of time than most! Heading back again in the new year also.

RE: Just returned - daniel - 11-21-2019

I would love to travel to Ja this time of year and gorge on pear .  I like avocado .  Never had a guinep either . glad you enjoyed ! 

RE: Just returned - kylake - 11-21-2019

Yes, Daniel we ate several pears/avocados as we also love them. I bought a few from Donovan's veggie truck and a few from the vegetable market up the hill a short walk and near Hammonds bakery. There are actually a few differing varieties but all were good but the texture and color varied.  Guineps are favorite fruit of mine and I bought a few bunches. October is a great time to be in Jamaica we found out starting last year.
The only downer is not as much music around since it is off season.

RE: Just returned - Tim - 11-22-2019

(11-21-2019, 05:08 PM)kylake Wrote:  Yes, we are truly fortunate to be retired and able to enjoy Jamaica for longer periods of time than most! Heading back again in the new year also.

6 more years...........

RE: Just returned - kylake - 11-22-2019

Tim, I hope for you that the time flies by.

RE: Just returned - Firemon - 12-05-2019

I think we're entitled to expect another story/photo after a Look-at-me-I'm-In-Jamaica-For-Five-Weeks vacation.  

At least tell me about the soursop!

RE: Just returned - Tammy - 12-10-2019

As many times as I've been and Pear was in season I never tried one. People always said Pear and I didn't want a pear. LOL If I had only seen one I would have known. I can't even imagine going outside and picking my own avocado from the tree. Heaven .... 

RE: Just returned - kylake - 12-31-2019

Tammy, they do actually have pear like fruit. I tried it once and the flavor was good but very seedy and fibrous. I didn't care for that, but the pears that are avocado are really good and they have at least a couple of varieties but I didn't see any hass avocados, like the ones that flood the US market nowadays, which was okay by me.