The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
What in the name of.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: What in the name of.. (/showthread.php?tid=102692)

What in the name of.. - oldtimer - 01-28-2020

what's all good and Holy is duckduckgo .?

RE: What in the name of.. - daniel - 01-28-2020

funny .  It is a search engine . like google

RE: What in the name of.. - oldtimer - 01-29-2020

I never would have guessed that.

RE: What in the name of.. - CardBoardBox - 01-29-2020

"Google logs all of your search history"

including Youtube. They also have 92 percent of the market.

duckduckgo does not track anyone nor personalize searches and I like their results. I favor underdogs too. Sorry I didn't use the generic word "google", ala "kleenex", "plywood", "sheetrock."

Get a good description of duckduckgo should you google it. Smile

RE: What in the name of.. - daniel - 01-29-2020

1 Google
2 Duck Duck Go
3 Bing
4 Dogpile
5 Yippy
6 Google Scholar
7 Webopedia
8 Yahoo
9 The Internet Archive 

Just to name a few . Never heard of a couple of these top search engines , so , you are not alone OT .

RE: What in the name of.. - CardBoardBox - 01-30-2020

This is PRICELESS imo.

Two items in this post. First off, the video from duckduckgo on Youtube explains some things in two and a half minutes. Please see

Second interconnect aspect, so follow the events:
I orginally searched on Google the string 'duckduckgo' yesterday. Today I followed a news story link about how to wear a face mask (re the China illness) and then one about Orange Juice. During that OJ video, an advertisement interupted the story. It was clearly marked as an ad, meaning  YouTube decided to target me in the same way videos are "Recomended."

Ads are directed/chosen based on some history, and can make sense. Why show ads for women's shoes if some computer knows I am male. Or my ISP is in or not in New Jersey. On the other hand, if I visited the Sears or HomeDepot web site, it seems unfair to charge those companies to display an advertisement to me for either company later somewhere else.

Tangent; companies such as Sears sometimes pay when a user clicks on their advertisement. They also might pay just to have their ad seen thousands of times. It's all very scientific and complicated. Also unfair is when the ad is sent but actually unseen due to placement. These 2 paragraphs are but a portion of what I know yet have nothing to do with Jamaica. Sorry.

The OJ video is at