The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
boat plan update...maybe - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: boat plan update...maybe (/showthread.php?tid=102702)

Pages: 1 2

boat plan update...maybe - oldtimer - 03-05-2020

Kylake informed me that Sandals has a sucker in to move sand around . BINGO !!!!! that is what me and my fishermen mates that checked it out had for Plan B . Put the pump on the bow , suck the sand out of the way and sail her out with her engine on her own power . It would be out to sea in hours . 100ft moved would be more than enough . It is not in the position for legal salvage yet . It is not insured with Lloyd's of London ( we phoned ) . We said that if we could have it we would come to Jamaica , get it unstuck and sail it back to Nova Scotia . The vessel is still in great shape as of March 3rd .

RE: boat plan update...maybe - Tammy - 03-07-2020

I had read a few weeks back there was no engine, it had been removed??? Who knows as there have been so many stories regarding this boat.

RE: boat plan update...maybe - TAH - 03-09-2020

I'd be really surprised if they removed the engine. Those are generally inboard (not accessible from outside the boat), and attached to the prop shaft. Unless it just wasn't working and the owner removed it to repair? 

Anyhow, I had a long reply I had written on the other board trying to answer a few repeat questions... but Bob hasn't yet approved my comment to post. That was almost a week ago. It's hard to believe that the guy is as petty as he is, yet here we are. 

RE: boat plan update...maybe - Tammy - 03-09-2020

Someone said the engine needed repair and was removed which is why the owner didn't move the boat upriver before the storm that beached it. Just repeating what I read a while back and have no idea if it's good info.

RE: boat plan update...maybe - oldtimer - 03-09-2020

I don't see a sand tube or a packing box on the back of her . I was thinking of a drop board and an out board motor . When the sand is removed from the bow path there will be nothing holding her back . They have/had the pump at Sandals .

I can't be sure, and haven't bothered looking up the hailing port info, but it looks like an older Amel to me (late 70's, early 80's). If she's still undamaged, and assuming in decent repair before being beached, it would be worth somewhere between $50-120k. Big swing depending on condition. 

My fishing buddy did a very good inspection on Mar 3rd and he says it is in great shape . He says the hull is worth about $40K Cdn . It is a sailing boat and built for being smashed around .

I'm curious how it'll play out. 

Me to ...hehehe

RE: boat plan update...maybe - TAH - 03-10-2020

So is it an Amel?