The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
covid-19 USA vs Nova Scotia - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: covid-19 USA vs Nova Scotia (/showthread.php?tid=102708)

covid-19 USA vs Nova Scotia - oldtimer - 03-29-2020

Nova Scotia
No one is in denial . There are yard parties all over the place . As an example on the street where my daughter lives the whole street had music , BBQ's , and delivered drinks from the breweries !!! BUT !!!!!! everyone stayed on their own properties !!!
On the computers they had the Ultimate Kitchen Party where pro's and any one else could play some music . Even one band played in different places but the same tune . The resturants are doing take-out big time . We are trying to do our part . Probably no lobster fishing this spring .
USA
You have Trump ......I'm sorry !!!!

RE: covid-19 USA vs Nova Scotia - CardBoardBox - 03-29-2020

That's rather an upbeat posting. That's a rather upbeat posting.
Thanks for posting. Pennsylvania has an air (aire?) of denial except the stores and restaurants which are closed is considerable in number, and hours reduced ala SOE.
Traffic is scarce. We have isolationism by county decision.

Maybe there is less chance of contracting C-19 from cows that it is from lobsters. LOL

In a month, or months, if anyone survives, I'll give a summary and some humor of what went wrong. I say 'anyone' but I mainly mean the elderly. Thankfully the definition of "elderly" is someone over the age of 75, right? Everything in perspective.

cliff, age 69.

I hate the transmission without symptoms. It's like walking around with a radioactive rock in your jeans and then wondering why your ....

RE: covid-19 USA vs Nova Scotia - CardBoardBox - 03-30-2020

off topic - this concerns only Jamaica for seven (7) days

Prime Minister Andrew Holness has announced that effective, Wednesday, April 1 there will be an all island curfew starting at 8:00 each night and ending at 6:00 am the following day.

4 paragraphs in the newspaper for/to prevent the rise in the number of COVID -19 infections.

details will be gazetted (new word to me.)

RE: covid-19 USA vs Nova Scotia - Tammy - 04-01-2020

Wish we had a LEADER. I have great respect for the job Holness has done regarding this pandemic. He also lowered the gct to 15%. Not a lot but more than I've ever seen any other Prime Minister in Jamaica do for the people. Went into effect today 04/01/20. Of course not sure how long it will last now with the loss of tourism. 
http://www.loopjamaica.com/content/budget-debate-gct-chop-among-18-billion-tax-cuts

Everyone please stay safe

RE: covid-19 USA vs Nova Scotia - kylake - 04-02-2020

I posted this today on my FB page"

Trump is not responsible for the virus.
He is 100% responsible for the severity in the USA!

If he and his administration had listened to the experts like doctors and NSC, not disbanded the pandemic team in 2018, not cut funding from CDC and closed their offices in China as a nation we could have been better prepared and possibility mitigated what has grown to be a very serious crisis.

The pandemic is being taken much more seriously in Jamaica and other locations than in the USA.  I believe that is because the seriousness of the problem was being downplayed from the top officials in the Trump administration including himself in Jan, Feb and even early March.

If I do have to go out here to pick up groceries I have seen most in my county completely ignoring social distancing. I have noticed if I wear a mask people avoid/dodge me which is just fine.
Rant over.

RE: covid-19 USA vs Nova Scotia - Tammy - 04-02-2020

Kylake you are exactly right, he ignored it and everyone that warned him. Of course, he disbanded the pandemic team and all the funding as he has done with everything Obama built and touched. He is an egotistical piece of shit and that's the nicest thing I got for him. He's the antichrist and I swear I believe that. Why else would all these people that claim to be Christian worship him? If you love, believe, and worship the same God I do then you could not in no way support this hateful, racist, bigoted, nasty, little man that could care less about anyone or their life. 

I don't know if I forgot or just didn't realize until you talked about returning to Nashville that you lived here. I have a feeling it's my memory? Where in Nashville, what county? I'm in Robertson and very close to Sumner and Simpson county Kentucky. Oh yeah I wore a mask about three weeks ago along with gloves and got the same response but didn't bother me at all. Like you said these people don't understand social distancing at all. Honestly, I now know I live amongst some very dumb people in way more ways that one. I been screaming stay home for weeks but the trump supporting family are clueless. Finally one of them is practicing it but the others just go everywhere as normal until finally, another idiot Governor Lee closed some places. Kentucky gov told his people to stay out of Tn as we were not taking necessary precautions. He might as well said they a bunch of idiots so run you see one. LOL 

Everyone please stay safe and stay home. It's going to hurt me to not have Easter and see my son and daughters, my grandchildren but I just can't take the chance. I guess we will have a facetime dinner. 

I love you all very much so be safe. OT I'm sending you a big virtual hug and saying be good. Give Mr Ab's my love and tell him to please be safe. 

RE: covid-19 USA vs Nova Scotia - kylake - 04-03-2020

Tammy, I sent you a couple of private messages years ago. Here is some of my history. I believe I know the area you live/lived in. I think we almost could have been neighbors at one time when I grew up I was living on Hwy 25 between 31w and Portland/Whitehouse road. We had a small farm of 39 acres near the church on the hill. Graduated from Portland High but went to Whitehouse until I had enough of Hobbs who was principal at the time.

Yes, Gov Lee who obviously worships the orange demi-god has been very slow to take safety over economy measures like many other R governors in the USA.
Yesterday he finally gave his more forceful "stay at home" remarks which IMHO were still weak and not very demanding.

Since COVID 19 can be asymptomatic and since new information from CDC states up to 25% of those that test positive are asymptomatic with NO signs of the illness you will never know how many are positive for the virus unless there is complete testing just like the healthcare system does or did at one time for tuberculosis. So practicing social distancing is very important and people in my current rural TN location are definitely not taking it seriously at all.
Feel free to PM me anytime.