The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Friday Music 5/1/2020 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Friday Music 5/1/2020 (/showthread.php?tid=102732)

Friday Music 5/1/2020 - kylake - 05-01-2020

Well when we travel to Jamaica it is to renew friendship with people from all over the world including our local Negril friends. We seem to meet and make new friends each trip. Another important part of our time is spent listening to local music. Chances every Sunday and Boat Bar and Drifters on Friday.
At the Boat Bar we were sitting at the new outside beach bar and it just so happened we were sitting next to Bobby Messano who was there for the Blues Festival at Drifters. We stuck up a conversation and when he found out we were from Nashville area the conversation continued for about an hour. I asked if he was going to play at the Boat Bar and he said he didn't have his tools there. Without mentioning he would be playing at Drifters impromptu he left. We sat for probably another 30 minutes and walked down to Drifters and a short while after we arrived Bobby was introduced by Luddy and commenced to play 2 songs. It was pretty cool a while after he finished walked up to talk with us again and said, "This is what I do" and we returned the comment with, "And you do it well". He handed us his business card and said let's get together in Nashville as I am there often.

Well hope you enjoyed this dribble of a story and now for music. I will play two by Bobby. He does a good job of covering Can't Find My Way Home written by Steve Winwood and first recorded by Blind Faith I believe.

RE: Friday Music 5/1/2020 - kylake - 05-01-2020

This one to me is best described as a fun song. OT I noticed he recorded this on Fishhead Records. I believe you mentioned Samantha Fish last week and I think that is her label??

RE: Friday Music 5/1/2020 - daniel - 05-01-2020

A favorite song from my youth , and still . Ya gotta love that about negril .

RE: Friday Music 5/1/2020 - kylake - 05-01-2020

Quote:Daniel wrote:Ya gotta love that about negril
We really do Daniel. I will have another one, personalized with dribble, like this one from our last visit, next Friday. Bit of a trip report with a music behind it so to speak. Thanks again for that nice picture report you did.
Here again for this week with lousy sound (shot with phone) is a bit of Bobby at Drifters impromptu. OT if you see this one the impromptu guy on the keyboard is Jon from Nova Scotia also a friend who we see daily on our winter visits. We were introduced to the guy on drums but the name didn't stick.

RE: Friday Music 5/1/2020 - oldtimer - 05-01-2020

Wicked !!!!!

RE: Friday Music 5/1/2020 - oldtimer - 05-02-2020

Another Bluenoser ( that's what Nova Scotia's are called ) that is at Drifters a lot is Big Bill ( excuse me Medium Bill )McArthur . He is a friend of mine and plays a not too bad harp . Really nice guy who has lost 300lbs .