The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Negril 1978 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Negril 1978 (/showthread.php?tid=102859)

Negril 1978 - daniel - 10-10-2020

Found this group of pictures cleaning the basement during quarantine this spring . These are all from 1978 , and most are from the beach in Miss Doris yard  , before Tree house was built .

RE: Negril 1978 - daniel - 10-10-2020

RE: Negril 1978 - CardBoardBox - 10-11-2020

Cool. Groovy.
Negril 1978, when die hard hippies endured a trek to get there (2nd hand stories.)
The "sailing boat" is absolutely beautiful.
A heart felt genuine sincere Thank You for sharing these, now preserved on the Internet photos, also on behalf of folks with their recently broken computers who can't, and those who really really should post a simple "Nice" but are afraid of pushing the reply button.
I put the quotes around the above word because in 1984 (when I think travel to Negril had become easier on the Beach Road) I had a mission to buy a T-shirt with a sail boat image and the first vendor in the craft market added the "ing" so I switched my request verbage from "sail boat." After all, it was important to be in tune with the locals. Smile

A more recent, and funny example of using the right words was from the gal needing vinyl clothesline (close line) but having to ask for "curtain rod" at the Negril hardware store.

As for the Jewish guilt trip (can I get away with that one in 2020?) of not posting an acknowledgement, I too have neglected to do so when others have shared really colorful photos of hummingbirds or flowers or tree frogs, or scenes depicting the Negril we would rather be enjoying now instead of enduring an almost "no fly era."

So to Daniel, in 1978 Negril style, I say:
Respect

RE: Negril 1978 - dave - 10-11-2020

thanks for sharing

RE: Negril 1978 - TAH - 10-12-2020

Great pictures, Daniel. I'll always be a little sad that I never got to see Jamaica before tourism, and US meddling did their respective damages. 

CBB; no, ethnic/racist/religious jokes should probably (definitely) be left to history.

RE: Negril 1978 - kylake - 10-12-2020

Thanks Daniel for taking time to scan and post. I like the dug-out canoe along with all the other pics.

RE: Negril 1978 - CardBoardBox - 10-12-2020

Thank you TAH. I shall try to be more sensitive and aware.

I guess that also throws out Jewish Penicillin, which is chicken soup (the actual soup.)
It might be a NY thing, which has more jewish people than Israel I believe (or so I had read once), but it is spoken/used with respect because of sound logic when one is ill; It may help and it couldn't hurt (said best with a Yiddish accent.)
Feed a cold and starve a fever.

I just googled it. It exists;
Jewish Penicillin. The cure all to heartbreaks and tummy-aches, fevers and chest colds or just the run of the mill bad day. Yes there are scientific facts that chicken soup heals.
# # #

RE: Negril 1978 - daniel - 10-12-2020

One of the many manny many things I like about Jamaica is their bluntness , to hell with PC , TELL IT LIKE IT IS . didn't offend me 40 years ago , still doesn't . 
Tah even though jamaica was a bit more idealic then , the same problems (overdevelopment , pollution , crime , hard drugs , ect. were  ever-present ,even then .. 

Dug-outs and huge mountains of  conch shells were in every occupied yard .