The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
more on the lobster wars - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: more on the lobster wars (/showthread.php?tid=102876)

more on the lobster wars - oldtimer - 11-20-2020

The lobster wars are going to be picking up . The native fishery has posted their catch from St. Mary's Bay ( where no other fishers fish ) 100,000 lbs !!!! 98% female !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! killing the breeders and they are only worth 4-5 dollars a lb and no sales !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: more on the lobster wars - CardBoardBox - 11-21-2020

I'm adding onto this thread after 40 views so the other 80 or so can read both at the same time.
The news from NS does not often get into the news feeds in the "lower 48", hence it is good to hear from you.
It's not good news to anyone following the thread or lobster lovers everywhere.

Fear prohibits addons of information or opinion or suggestions. During this Thanksgiving period *** when the experts warn against even visiting family, hopefully people stay aware that there are things we should be thankful for, as well as wishes for a better future.

Trying to cast a positive spin on events, it is my hope that you and your son and family can pack up everything onto the fishing (lobster) boat, sail down to Jamaica to resettle, become Prime Minister of ocean operations ("sea operations"?) and make the island a better place for both air breathing and water breathing creatures.

That is IF you want to. Jamaica doesn't get snow.

***I was in South Africa one Thanksgiving and except for being served chicken at the company lunch, I was surprised that Thanksgiving was not celebrated. A little unhappy also that I had to work that day. But it was only a 2 week trip and I learned a lot about the country and the people, so it wasn't a bad thing.

NOT related to the lobster story, I learned SouthAfrica reality was different than what the US press presented, yielding very counter-productive actions by citizens in the US who read the news.

I'm also somewhat reminded of the semi-recent event of oil prices dropping due to a glut/over supply of oil. To maintain an income, they increased production. Just plain bass-ackwards. (Sounds better than it reads. Sorry.)

RE: more on the lobster wars - daniel - 11-25-2020

https://www.refinery29.com/en-ca/2020/10/10111352/nova-scotia-lobster-dispute-explained

There is often more than 2 sides to a story .

RE: more on the lobster wars - daniel - 11-26-2020

something to consider .. Maine has a voluntary program that every commercial fisher adheres to . They mark egg bearing females with a notch on their tails . Marked lobsters are never taken .