The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Seekonk, Massachusetts - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Seekonk, Massachusetts (/showthread.php?tid=102917)

Seekonk, Massachusetts - CardBoardBox - 05-27-2021

Seekonk, Massachusetts closest airport is 21 miles away.
There are no direct flights to Jamaica from either.
However, allien spacecraft are suspected to be flying nearby and might prove helpful IF they ever perfect transporter technology. The CDC has not issued any reports that the microchips in the innoculations would interfere with establishing a lock, nor has the TSA issued a "Memo Of Understanding" on what the $5USD fee will actually be used for.

RE: Seekonk, Massachusetts - CardBoardBox - 05-27-2021

When we were growing up, we had "the 3 R's", although I did not know that silent letters included the A in arithmatic. (with me so far?)
One of the purposes of this board is "the 2 E's"; education and entertainment. (OK, I created this one.)

Projecting a WTF answer from somewhere else, I'll infere that what needs explaining is an MOU.
Jamaican's know what an MOU is, and many boardies do to. It's a Memo of Understanding, or more formally, a "Memorandum of Understanding" which establishes the terms and understanding between the 2 parties and states the activity.

In a newspaper story, several examples are given.
https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/business/Understanding---MOUs_18974608

A snip therein has:
MOUs are like magic wands for persons dodging bureaucracy and dancing around enormous amounts of red tape. The informality of these documents allows bureaucrats to avoid the scrutiny that contracts usually face.

Turns out MOU's are not unique to Jamaica.
In 1997, the Bill Clinton-led administration drafted an MOU to update something.
In 2012, the United Kingdom signed an MOU with Rwanda.

--That, or this, ends the "fills"--
But of course, more of "one of the E's" (with me so far?) is that the US SETI project, we tend to relate to "little green men" when actually we know their skin is gray.
And when we talk about "alliens", everyone is an allien to someone else. We could say "allien allien" as we (or I) sometimes have to insert the adjective Indian in front of Indian to differengerate from American Indian.

Can anyone recall WHY we call our original locals (and former land owners) Indians? Right. Looking for a trade route to India.

Now there is no point in asking if there was a MOU between the locals and the invaders from the East. There were "treaties",but that's a joke and a half. Just like owning property in the US, with a "title". If your local or state "overlords" (ah, government) determines that the best advantage for the town is to compensate you and throw you off the property, it is a done deal.

If the people in Washington, district of Columbia gain statehood, and the new elected officials determine that  a 7-11 store would generate more tax dollars for the new state, the Washington monument could be history. And considering that Washington supposedly owned slaves way back ago, our "cancel culture" might want to  erase any reference to the man. I don't know how long this will take, and frankly, I don't know if we will survive that long. I'm not thinking just about the rain forest of South American which is getting burned or sent to China one log at a time. Yet, I think I'm beginning to get just a little "off track" hence I won't get into asking when the last time you had to calculate the square root of a number.

RE: Seekonk, Massachusetts - CardBoardBox - 05-28-2021

Since I am here, and you are here, here is a recent story of someone losing their land and there is not one thing which can be done about it. Considering that the highest court in our land has decided that it is legal/permitted for government to take your house/business away from you. A quote and the link

They were old enough to remember when the Interstate was built, on land taken from farmers up and down the Connecticut Valley. The state offered compensation, but if landowners refused, it could seize land by eminent domain.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/27/us/vermont-farmer-tree.html