The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Tah - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tah (/showthread.php?tid=102999)

Pages: 1 2

Tah - oldtimer - 11-06-2021

I was just listening to some tunes on the archives and came across a post by you listening to the Grateful Dead . Did you see the second last Rolling Stone feature special about the Dead . Very interesting .

RE: Tah - TAH - 11-06-2021

I did not... but would love to see it. They're maybe my favorite all around band, though that tends to change from time to time, they'll always be top 3-5 for me. Such diverse range, telling real stories through music with good vibes, and of course the entire culture they fostered. Special group of people there. 

If Bear hadn't bankrolled them with all of that Alice D money, the world would be pretty different today, I think. 

OT, I tried searching for that special, but I'm not having any luck... where did you see that? 

just because... 

let's just make this a Dead Thread, eh? 

three times the charm

RE: Tah - oldtimer - 11-06-2021

I have a subscription for Rolling Stone and it came as " a special edition " This was only last month so it shouldn't be hard to locate . I gave mine away so I can't give you any info except that it came with last months mag .

Gotcha, thanks OT. I was looking for a video, my bad. I appreciate the heads up. 

RE: Tah - Negril75 - 11-07-2021

TAH, OT2 as I sit here at my keyboard sipping my Blue Mountain Coffee with sweetened condensed milk (I do not use sugar in my coffee except BM for some reason??) I am reading the interest in the Grateful Dead. I first saw them in 1972 and then in 1973 at Watkins Glen with The Band and The Allman Brothers Band for the best concert that I've ever been part of. I saw them numerous times throughout the 70's and then in May 1978 The Dead was playing a show in New Haven, CT. At I time I was a member of the local AHL team The NH Nighthawks and we were at that time engaged in the league championships. Each player has his own model stick with the individual curve in the blade that he prefers. The stick then has the players name and number printed on the shaft of the stick for easy identification. So I took one of my KOHO brand sticks and wrote on the shaft: To Jerry Welcome to New Haven and thanks for all the great memories!! I signed my name and then had all my teammates sign the stick too. We had a couple days off between games and at around 1:00 I went to the NH Coliseum during The Dead Sound Check. I knew all the Coliseum personnel and security so getting backstage was easy. After the soundcheck the Dead were hanging around their locker room and I approached Jerry and introduced myself. He was very friendly, receptive and very appreciative of the gift hockey stick. He invited me into the locker room and we sat down and talked while he introduced me to the other members of the band. He said that they were headed back to their hotel but that if I wanted to come back at 4:00 I could hang out with them backstage. He said he would leave 2 passes for me and we agreed that I would catch up with them later on. I called a friend of mine from college who lived in the area and invited him to join me for the show. I told him that the pass would be at will call and that I would see him later. I went about my business and put on jeans and a jeans jacket for the show and went back to the arena at 4. When I met up with Jerry they were sitting down for their meal before the show. The Coliseum had an industrial kitchen and the Dead had their own staff on the road to prepare their meals. I remember it to be steak and all the fixings and it was great. Jerry was one of the nicest and kindest people I ever met. I kept thanking him and he said no need to thank him, he was just so very cool. I was on stage during the show off to the side by a bank of monitors and it was so loud that I could barely hear after the show. The next night they played Springfield, Mass only an hour up the road and Jerry invited me for that show also. The following year I was traded to San Fransisco, CA and we played in the Cow Palace. The Dead's headquarters was in San Rafael about an hour north of SF so one day I drove up with a bunch of NH Nighthawks t-shirts and dropped them off for the guys. The Dead frequently played the Cow Palace and one show Jerry wore a Nighthawks shirt for the gig. Jerry was one of the nicest people that I have ever met and meeting him and becoming a friend was very cool!! Unfortunately I hadn't yet gotten into photography so I don't have any photos to share but my memories are as vivid as any picture will ever be!!

RE: Tah - oldtimer - 11-07-2021

Very cool !!!! my son was drafted by the River Rats but choice not to go .Too much salt water in his veins . Lot of Dead Heads here !!!!