The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Friday Music (One Day Late) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Friday Music (One Day Late) (/showthread.php?tid=103002)

Friday Music (One Day Late) - Firemon - 11-13-2021

Kylake's internet is so slow he had to contact me telepathically to post this thread for him. Enjoy.

RE: Friday Music (One Day Late) - Firemon - 11-13-2021

RE: Friday Music (One Day Late) - kylake - 11-13-2021

Thanks for picking up my slack Firemon!

RE: Friday Music (One Day Late) - Firemon - 11-13-2021

Well, somebody had to do something. We were in danger of not knowing what day it was.

Just waiting for someone to comment on one of the songs. Rod Stewart production is career defining. And Vacation by Dirty Heads was featured in the Rise Up Festival Day 4 recap. Quite the concept. Find a job that suites you and "Vacation Everyday."

RE: Friday Music (One Day Late) - CardBoardBox - 11-14-2021

quote: >Just waiting for someone to comment on one of the songs

Song #2 is OK. Makes one appreciate the upside of working in the salt mines all those years and loving it, and thinking about those who either hate their jobs OR put themselves in peril on a regular basis, as in the danger of "sleeping with the fishes." (that's an honoraimuim.)

Song #1 is OK too, partly thinking how Rod's songs are part of our history in a good way, but he looks old. Maybe I'm just viewing it as the man seems to have slowed down.

I don't post much anymore because I get in less trouble that way. LOL. But, maybe this is slightly entertaining: Carol Burnett would take questions from her audience at the beginning of her TV show. Typical stuff, until one lady asked how they got the floors so shinny. Carol did an LOL cause it was so unusual.

When Rod was singing, that memory came back to me. For the real but dull answer, they buy the shinny floor at $1.50 each square back then. Rod's foot flexes them, making me believe the one time use.

RE: Friday Music (One Day Late) - Firemon - 11-14-2021

Rod Stewart and his band looked like a million bucks...like they were headlining a show in Las Vegas. (<--They are.)

I mean, it's just a two-song TV show appearance for scale and one of rock n roll's all-time great singers brings a 10-piece band including a bevy of talented ladies in white flapper dresses (who all look curiously like his daughters)...and a GIANT harp. Every movement rehearsed and synchronized. Easy lyrics with a nice hook and a multitude of accomplished musical passages on violin, banjo, etc. Just great choreography and musicianship. Not to mention Rod Stewart's gifts as a front man.

The Tears of Hercules

For tickets and tour dates...

https://rodstewart.com/

RE: Friday Music (One Day Late) - Negril75 - 11-15-2021

[attachment=2983]
[attachment=2982]
[attachment=2981]

I first met Jimmy Cliff on an Air Jamaica flight from JFK to Montego Bay in 1980 and subsequently met up again in Europe and the USA while he was touring. I was able to get some very high quality photos of him at several of his shows. A Great musician and an awesome human being.

RE: Friday Music (One Day Late) - Firemon - 11-15-2021

Harder They Come still my favorite album. Still have ticket stubs from several of his shows dating back to the 80's.

Cool photos.

You can get it if you really want it!