The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Tuna vs Marlin - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tuna vs Marlin (/showthread.php?tid=103024)

Tuna vs Marlin - oldtimer - 12-09-2021

I have fought a tuna all night long one time . 9 hours on the rod PHEW !!!! Fish get stronger in the dark OR maybe it's me getting weaker Back then the buyers wanted the fisherman to slaughter ( bleedout and cool down ) the fish . The blood was near boiling and was just like battery acid . If you got it on your arm it was instant burn . Now you have to tow the fish BUT along comes Mr White Shark and takes a big bite out of it . I wonder if it is the same for Marlin . I see on TV that they pull it into the boat and that seems to be all ???? I've eaten Marlin but find it bitter . That is usually a sigh that fish is over cooked .

RE: Tuna vs Marlin - Firemon - 12-09-2021

RE: Tuna vs Marlin - Negril75 - 12-11-2021

OT2, Get yourself a copy of "The Old Man In The Sea" Hemingway's Great Short Story. It's exactly what you describe. Santiago catches a giant Marlin after 84 days of no luck and while towing it home along side his boat sees it devoured by sharks. If you haven't read it or it has been a long time since you should check it out. Another awesome Hemingway Novel is "Islands In The Stream" which was made into a motion picture staring George C Scott as the main character (Hemingway in himself). Both great reads that I always had in my backpack while in Jamaica!!

RE: Tuna vs Marlin - kylake - 12-16-2021

Quote:OT wrote: I've eaten Marlin but find it bitter . That is usually a sigh that fish is over cooked.
I have only had marlin two ways. Smoked marlin which we used to get at Cosmos before it closed and the marlin I caught cooked by Fireman at Our Pastime. We have always liked the taste. Of course smoked is a really cold cook so never over done and what ever way Fireman cooked it on the grill it was perfect flavor wise.