The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Friday Music 4/14/23 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Friday Music 4/14/23 (/showthread.php?tid=103328)

Friday Music 4/14/23 - Firemon - 04-14-2023

"Bubble"

Rock pan me babeh
Slow wine pan me babeh
Rock pan me babeh

Bubble me a bubble me a bubble pan time
Cause a man like you deserve the sweetest wine
Ooh, lawd, inna real life
Me love it when you kiss me slow and you rock me tight
The way we lock the rhythm you lift me soul to the sky
Lawd, Jah know, inna real life

I want you to know that you could have it all
Anytime you lonely let me be the one you call
Jah know
I want you to know that you could have it all
Anytime you lonely let me be the one you call
Hey

Yeah, we sit dung pan the rhythm inna cruise control
Dem kinda lovin yah it cyan get old, no no
Inna real life
And them kinda lovin yah nuh sell inna shop
Yeah, a you a di man and yuh style up top lawd lawd
Inna real life, baby

RE: Friday Music 4/14/23 - oldtimer - 04-15-2023

Ballad...not so much , Bubble...nice , Dub ...background , all in all .... not bad !!!!

RE: Friday Music 4/14/23 - Negril75 - 04-15-2023

OT,
Back when you first hit the island if you can remember what tunes were the radio DJ's spinning?? Was there much Bob Marley? Or was there a lot of USA Blues and Rock n Roll?? By 1975 when I first visited the DJ's and Juke Boxes were playing lots of different stuff. Mikey Dread, BM & Wailers, Gregory, Lone Ranger, Augustus Pablo, Big Youth, Dillinger, Jacob Miller, Jimmy Cliff to name some. I don't recall any American tunes at all...

RE: Friday Music 4/14/23 - oldtimer - 04-16-2023

N75... In Negril it was mostly Selecta's who ran the DJ work. Only a few places had live music BUT as more hippies arrived more stuff happened . I lived at a place in Ochi Rios called the Carabi Ochi and was owned by a white Jewish lady from Montreal . It was being made over into condos and the guy that owned the company I worked for knew her and we got the 1st one and with that came all the yard of a hotel and a private gazebo where bands practised . Bryon Lee ( from Byron Lee and the Dragonaires ) owned The Little Pub and encouraged bands to practice there so we got lots of 1st times tunes by start-up groups of which you mentioned . It was beyond anything I ever expected . Then when we moved to Beverly Hills in Kingston it REALLY went up a notch for entertainment . It really was Funky Kingston . You couldn't buy that kind of living and we were being paid to live there . Never had one bit of trouble any where but Debuss and I caught that in the early stages of don't f*** with me and a good smash to the side of the head and that was that as they say . Everyone looked at you different then . Youth ... don't waste it , it only is here once .Barstools are a dime a dozen but adventures are priceless !!!

RE: Friday Music 4/14/23 - Firemon - 04-16-2023

Roger Steffens has written extensively about the influence of American R & B (and MoTown) via a popular New Orleans radio station during the nascient years of reggae in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

RE: Friday Music 4/14/23 - Firemon - 04-16-2023

Here's the lineup for Coachella 2023.

https://www.coachella.com/

Where has the interest in reggae gone? Wasn't that long ago when you'd see multiple international reggae artists performing at Coachella. Even headlining. Not this year.

RE: Friday Music 4/14/23 - Negril75 - 04-16-2023

OT,
Great stuff man!! You have seen and heard a lot of the good times and places in Jamaica!!

Firemon,
Yes I agree it seems that with the recent losses of Reggae artists in the past couple years like Toots, Bunny and Scratch that the old time sound has faded for the masses. Watching some old Coachilla like Scratch Perry doing War Inna Babylon is classic!!