The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Friday Music (12/1/2023) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Friday Music (12/1/2023) (/showthread.php?tid=103469)

Friday Music (12/1/2023) - Firemon - 11-30-2023

Here's a clip I shot years ago at The Boat Bar (my favorite music venue). It was a rainy afternoon so there weren't that many people out and about along the beach but that didn't stop Crystal Axe from belting out Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" like her life depended upon it. Her delivery was inspiringly forceful projecting determination out into the ocean. (Listen to the note she holds starting at 2:41!)

Singer Otis Gayle is watching from backstage keeping time with the beat as the song begins. Our camera soon finds trumpet player Frank Aird taking five and chatting with popular beach vendor Lindsay. Likkle Red and friends are watching the show up front. Wait staff can't help themselves so they take a break and start dancing. Venturing around the bar I run into the ever popular Pirate celebrating his birthday. Frank makes his way back onto the stage to play a short riff as the song ends whereupon Otis gives Crystal a huge hug.

Damn fine girl!

Rita Marley's "One Draw" as performed by Crystal Axe. Check out the move at 1:18 when Frank leans backwards so Crystal can hold her microphone up to his trumpet. Frank and his pal laugh.

RE: Friday Music (12/1/2023) - kylake - 11-30-2023

As you walk in from the beach by the right side of the bar that is Doc Kelly sitting by the bar in a white hat, white cut out tee and black shorts. He really admires Crystal singing ability too.
Thanks for the clip. I guess you do know today is Thursday.....LOL so technically this is Thursday Music....

RE: Friday Music (12/1/2023) - Firemon - 12-02-2023

Only seems appropriate that you wear a white hat if folks call you Doc.

RE: Friday Music (12/1/2023) - kylake - 12-03-2023

True Firemon and Doc was a dentist before he retired from his practice.