The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
negril ambulance ??? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: negril ambulance ??? (/showthread.php?tid=62724)

negril ambulance ??? - suzengrace - 02-24-2013

Just saw a thread on another board that THE negril ambulance took over 8 hours to respond to a recent travelers death..and the poster said the ambulance was sitting in the garage..Of course I wasnt there and could be hear-say but somehow i personally doubt it. I feel awful for the family and anyone who travels to Negril with the "false sense of security" for ones own life and of their family member's life because of the New and improved ambulance thats touted..

Please people-have the phone # of the private one for back-up and the funds "just in case" ..Of course the thread has been closed-but interesting to read..

AND ALWAYS get excellent travel insurance that will med-evac you out ...make sure its a reputable company and readt the fine print (ie pre-existing condition ,etc)

Re: negril ambulance ??? - Van - 02-26-2013

This is like Dejavu. This whole medical situation (and those that try to cover it up elsewhere) is why I personally am not even allowed to 'read' at the other site-"NEVER" haha as I was just told when I tried to log on. It's been years.

Sadly, I see the situation only getting worse not improving for now. Many have awesome intentions and dreams (for example the Negril Hospital) but as someone said when emergency you are at mercy of 3rd World Equipment or ambulance which may or may not exist.

It's a very sore subject with me because it is the one thing that will P*ss me off when lack of everything is hidden from people over 'yonder'. The country is not really doing wonderfully right now so to expect 1st world care is simple
not going to happen. Sad

FWIW Radomski is not even at that location in the sense of a practicing physician, the woman it mentioned is long gone, and Mobay Hope is not always what it seems.

Re: negril ambulance ??? - oldtimer - 03-03-2013

Good point Jitter BUT !!!! something has to be done. It's one of those things that go " you can pay me now or you can pay me later " I to don't trust organizations in Negril. Maybe your right about "not in our lifetime"

Re: negril ambulance ??? - JonTom - 03-12-2013

Isn't there also a Fire Truck parked outside the Negril Aerodrome?

Or there used to be I think?