The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
My trip report and my dad - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: My trip report and my dad (/showthread.php?tid=66015)

Pages: 1 2 3

My trip report and my dad - ohliz - 05-03-2013

<P>I didn't want to post this in the blog thread because I know you guys are awesome and are going to have a lot of lovely things to say to me about this and I'd prefer to keep them separate from my trip updates.<P>I am writing more slowly than usual because two days after I came home, my dad had a stroke.<P>He's in Oregon (I'm in Ohio) and it's been hard to be far away and follow what's going on with him. My sister went out first and is there now, my brother and I are figuring out when we will be most useful, it's very wait and see right now. He's in active recovery but there is a lot of vision, memory, speech and right-side of his body loss for him to work on. He's 75 and strong and healthy so I am very hopeful that he will recover, but we just don't know right now.<P>Writing about my trip is like therapy for me, so I am glad to do it, but I get interrupted with dad stuff too.<P>So, good vibes and prayers for him are very welcome. He's a unique soul...he was a minister most of his life, an extremely cool and liberal one, and a active peacemaker who was placed under house arrest and deported and often in trouble for his human rights activities.<P>He has his own blog here if anyone is interested: <a href="http://milosjanusoutlook.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">http://milosjanusoutlook.blogspot.com/</A><P>I pray he will regain the ability to post on it again.

Re: My trip report and my dad - RGondaRoad - 05-03-2013

<P>Liz...my prayers and vibes are headed your way. He sounds like a wonderful man and I wish for you and your whole family lots of healing love. I'm looking forward to reading his blog as well, thanks so much for sharing.

Re: My trip report and my dad - Angel - 05-03-2013

<P>Wishing your Dad a speedy recovery. Hope you can see him soon.

Re: My trip report and my dad - suzengrace - 05-03-2013

<P>I'm so sorry Liz-I know how heart wrenching it all is ,esp when your far away..<BR>Many people now adays who have had strokes make some pretty good recovery-takes a little time and therapy-but its amazing..Hoping your father makes a quick recovery..A prayer for you dad and you and your family...<P>Stay positive.....

Re: My trip report and my dad - goldilocks - 05-03-2013

<P>Healing prayers to your Dad for a full recovery, Ms. Ohliz!

Re: My trip report and my dad - oldtimer - 05-03-2013

<P>Here's hopeing that "Dad" does just great !!! He sounds like a guy that's going to get "good Kharma " back !!!

Re: My trip report and my dad - kylake - 05-04-2013

<P>ohliz, best wishes for you and your father.<P>My family has a history of strokes and I have, because of that, dealt with several over the years. If it was a clot I hope he was able to get the clot buster shot quickly since that can make a big difference in recovery and regaining abilities and minimizing the damage the stroke can do.<BR>From my past experiences the abilities your father gains back in the first 3 to 6 months will determine what will be recovered overall.<BR>If he works hard in the beginning it can make a huge overall difference in his independence going forward.<P>I guess I sound kind of clinical but I have dealt with strokes soooo much family wise.<P>Best wishes, good vibes and remain strong!

Re: My trip report and my dad - rootswoman - 05-04-2013

<P>Oh Dear!<P>Ohliz, I am so sorry about your father.<BR>It must feel so helpless to be so far away.<P>Your Father seems like an incredible person , highly intelligent and full of compassion - someone who "walks the walk" and a doer rather than a procrastinator. I just glanced at his blog briefly and was so very impressed. It makes my heart ache thinking about how hard it is for you right now.<P>I don't know where your Dad is but I will tell you the weather is lovely in the Portland area -the rain has let up and the sun is shining -not that anyone is worrying about the weather but I think it is good weather for healing.<P>I look forward to reading more of your report - i have work to do so need to save it for later.<P>It is good that you shared this - please keep us updated as Ill be thinking about him . Big hug to you.

Re: My trip report and my dad - Aunt+Nancy - 05-05-2013

<P>Ohliz, I got "lost" in your dad's blog for quite a while this morning, it was so interesting. (And I see similarities in your evenhanded and thoughtful writing Smile<P>It sounds like he has the grit and enthusiam for life to dedicate to the recovery process, and that counts for a lot in the outcome. I hope you get to hang out with him soon, and I too send positive thoughts in your direction.<BR>

Re: My trip report and my dad - Tanya - 05-07-2013

<P>My thoughts and prayers to your daddy and you and the rest of the family Ohliz