The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Where to stay for an month-long reach? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Where to stay for an month-long reach? (/showthread.php?tid=67297)

Where to stay for an month-long reach? - Chicago+Jerk - 07-03-2013

Hello, All!
I am a 50-something guy who has been to Negril more than a few times. Usually, it is with the current gal pal for a week to ten days. This reach I am looking to do a month or so (solo) in January and/or February. It is time for me to begin to slow down a bit.

I love the beach, but have come to appreciate the vibe of the West End. I don't need luxury, but I do want "comfortable". Not too far up the road for me. I need to work a little while there, so internet and a TV is a necessity- as is a kitchenette. It would be nice to have space for a friend or adult child to crash for a week if they choose to visit.

Any suggestions as to where I should begin to look?

Thanks, in advance, for your help!
Bruce

Re: Where to stay for an month-long reach? - wit - 07-03-2013

loads of options.....what's the price range. That usually dictates where you stay Smile

Re: Where to stay for an month-long reach? - suzengrace - 07-03-2013

Welcome Chicago jerk.... You can live pretty large on that amount.....probably get a real nice home/villa..

Re: Where to stay for an month-long reach? - rootswoman - 07-03-2013

Welcome Aboard CJ.

There are usually lots of apartments available on the west end. A lot of the hotels will give a good rate for a long term stay as well. It wouldn't hurt to contact them and get some quotes.
I recommend that you finalize something when you get there . There are too many bait and switches going on to pay in advance.

There is a wide variety of choices and prices.
As an example,
When I did an extended stay there is 2005, I had a comfortable apartment with hot water and cable for 250 a month. (I lucked out)

You may know this already, but I strongly recommend that you don't let anyone know your budget - you will have half of Negril after you if they hear those numbers.

You came to the right place - we have lots of long term visitors here and I'm sure you will get some good advice.

One more thing, lots of our folks who stayed on the West end had major water issues - another words NO WATER for an extended amount of time last winter. This is another good reason to not jump to fast giving anyone your money - you may want to stay somewhere that did not have water issues.

Re: Where to stay for an month-long reach? - RGondaRoad - 07-03-2013

With that kind of budget the world is your oyster for an extended stay, lol. Seriously dude, you'll have choices.

Hopefully the water issues won't be *that bad* on the west end below Summerset Lane. Us folks deep west are getting the worst of it.

You are also smart to start looking now - January and February are really busy months and lots of folks come down around then for several month stays.

Off the top of my head you might want to check Seastar if they are not booked up already. They have some nice rooms with kitchens, good internet and water pumps and tanks Wink.

Catcha Falling Gardens has one "regular" room with a kitchenette and an apartment with a more full kitchen to rent - and its not unusual for them to rent either for a month.

Citronella might be another choice or Villa Sur Mer - they may give you a break on their nightly rate for a month's stay but it might go over your budget...still, both are lovely and worth checking out.

Hit up Debbie at Moonlight Villas too. I think she might have an apartment with a kitchen that she rents - not 100% but check her out.

So that should get you started, at least West End way. On the beach you might want to look into Negril Beach Club (am I getting that name right?) - they rent condos...or Point Village, the owners there rent their condos as well.

Happy trails!

Re: Where to stay for an month-long reach? - oldtimer - 07-03-2013

Cottontree Hotel by the post office. It has everything you would need and it's close to everything. I've stayed there numerous times.

Re: Where to stay for an month-long reach? - wit - 07-04-2013

in case you haven't seen this site yet ....it's a good one I think because you get a real look and location of these places. Pick a couple and ask again Smile

http://www.negrilonestop.com

Re: Where to stay for an month-long reach? - Markospoon - 07-05-2013

Coral Seas Garden my friend.

Not on the beach, but across the road, Morass side.

It is next door to Sunrise Club, across the road from Bar B Barn and Mom's Place.

Great places to eat close to the Coral Seas garden.

It will be great for a month long stay.

Alot quieter than on the beach. Not too many folks walking around.

They have kitchenette rooms, with wifi and cable.

They have a pool that they drained and re-surfaced last year and a new pool table.

They are guest friendly.
They have the best maid service/House keepers in Negril.

Your room will sparkle!

It is family owned, only about 20 rooms.

Call Junene, the manager at 1-876-957-4388, tell her Markospoon sent you.

A real low key wonderful vibe.

She will take real nice care of you.

Re: Where to stay for an month-long reach? - Chicago+Jerk - 07-22-2013

Thank you all for the responses. There are some wonderful suggestions!

Sorry that I've been a little late with the gratitude, as I am recovering from surgery.

Markospoon, I will reach out to your contact. It sounds pretty great!

Re: Where to stay for an month-long reach? - Markospoon - 07-23-2013

Yeah mon, I live in Chicago too!

I am going to Negril this October.

I will let the hotel know that you are considering them.

Later mon.