The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Trip 23 - Dinner at Swordfish - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Trip 23 - Dinner at Swordfish (/showthread.php?tid=67713)

Trip 23 - Dinner at Swordfish - Pineapple - 07-22-2013

We’re always looking for someplace new to eat. “Where do you want to eat?" "I don’t know, where do you want to eat” (repeat over and over) So when we heard good things about Swordfish we put it on our list. I have no idea any longer which day we actually went but we’d “planned” for it the night before (which is totally out of character for our crew). We even had a “Plan B” – if it was cloudy we’d try the next night.

The weather was beautiful. Not too hot, just a few clouds. I’ve checked out this location a few trips ago when it was under another name (forget now which incarnation it was). But I knew it was one of the best views in Negril. We pull up in front – and I do mean in front – practically opened the car door and walked right in the front door (parking is pretty poor for more than one car).

We were greeted and shown upstairs. The view didn’t disappoint. Perfect place for a photo op and we took full advantage. The young woman trying to take our order was so sweet. It was like trying to herd cats to get us to sit down, look at the menu and make a decision. Finally we ordered. We couldn’t believe we were the only ones there especially after seeing the menu and prices.

While waiting for our food we enjoyed being able to see the mountains beyond the beach (that is something you miss if you never leave the beach) and observed the “goings on” of the West End road. We watched the fishermen getting their lobster traps ready and the children taking an evening deep in the sea.

When the food came, it seemed to just keep coming. We knew we wouldn’t walk away hungry. I’d ordered fish and chips. The menu made it sound like it would be close to what Alfred’s serves. It wasn’t, but it was some of the best fish and chips I’ve ever had. Smokey had ordered chicken strips and chips but it strangely resembled my fish and chips – and it was. He went ahead and tried it and decided he liked it and didn’t care that the order was wrong. (See, sometimes we’re easy to please) Smokey had also ordered the mac and cheese because is had been so highly recommended. Well, all I can say is, different strokes for different folks. He tried it and thought it was nasty, Sophie tried it and thought it was nasty, I tried it and KNEW it was nasty – but when Richie tried it and said “That’s nasty” we knew it just wasn’t for us (Richie will usually eat just about anything). We all hate to waste food but just could choke down more than a mouthful of that stuff.

When the server came back to see how we were doing we told her everything but the mac and cheese was great. “Maybe it’s a different cook tonight” we said. “No, it’s our regular cook and that’s how it always looks.” Oh well, live and learn. Won’t be ordering it ever again. But I will be going back to Swordfish (if is survives until I return).

The sun set, the moon came up and we headed back home with bellies full and a pleasant evening to remember.

Re: Trip 23 - Dinner at Swordfish - likkle+red - 07-22-2013

very nice pictures of all of you. I agree that the view from up there is very nice and a welcome sight to see the mountains. I too enjoyed my fish and chips but was not thrilled with the mac and cheese either. Prices are reasonable and the food is good.

Re: Trip 23 - Dinner at Swordfish - kylake - 07-23-2013

We have been to Swordfish twice but just for drinks and the view. The first time there I huge ray cruzed around in the sea below for several minutes. We will have to try their food next reach in April.

Re: Trip 23 - Dinner at Swordfish - RGondaRoad - 07-24-2013

Easy Rock was a bit further down the road, on Mary's Bay. For a while Aubie ran a cafe called "Evryting Cafe" from that location.

Re: Trip 23 - Dinner at Swordfish - Pineapple - 07-24-2013

Yes, it was once Easy Rock many-many years ago before moving.