The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Linston, CaptainD's boy will drive me. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Linston, CaptainD's boy will drive me. (/showthread.php?tid=68180)

Linston, CaptainD's boy will drive me. - Markospoon - 08-16-2013

Yeah mon, I finally linked up with the cool dude Linston for my travel needs in Jamaica.

I wanted him to pick me up and take me to the Jamaican Christian School for the Deaf.

It is up in the hills, somewhere on the outskirts of Montego Bay.

I don't know if any of you remember the report I wrote about a year and a half ago.

I had checked my bags in at the airport on my return home.

I had 2 hours to kill, so i decided to walk around the airport a bit.

I looked down the long hallway and saw a group of school kids in their uniform and a woman waving her hands alot.

I thought to myself "hmmm, i have never seen Jamaican kids acting up so bad that an adult had to reprimand them out in public.

I walked a little closer and realized she was using sign language!

Wow! How cool.

My daughter is deaf and we both have been signing since she was 2 years old.

I walked closer and stood next to the kids.

The teacher looked at me and I signed "hello, I know sign language".

The kids all looked up at me with those beautiful brown eyes and smiles on their faces.

The teacher told me they were on a field trip and shared with me some info about her school.

I communicated with the little fellows and the darling girls for a while.

When I left there was one little boy who looked so cute and sad at the same time.

I told him "Have no fear little prince, Markospoon will be back".

So, this next trip, in October I plan on visiting the school with the help of Linston.

I will probably hang out with the kids for a couple of hours before I head to Negril.

Thanks Linston for being there for me and the kids!

Re: Linston, CaptainD's boy will drive me. - suzengrace - 08-16-2013

sounds like a great day for everyone......i commend you ...

Re: Linston, CaptainD's boy will drive me. - kylake - 08-16-2013

Wonderful story and a great gesture on your part!

Re: Linston, CaptainD's boy will drive me. - Pineapple - 08-16-2013

That's such a wonderful story Marko. Can't wait to hear your trip report about your visit to the school.

Re: Linston, CaptainD's boy will drive me. - Sundowner - 08-16-2013

What a great thing to do! You were obviously destined to see them in the airport that day. Looking forward to hearing all about your visit with the kids!

Re: Linston, CaptainD's boy will drive me. - oldtimer - 08-17-2013

Yes it is a wonderful thing to give some time to those that appreciate it !!! Good job Marko !!!

Linston - Angel - 08-17-2013

Nice CaptD's son will take you.

Re: Linston, CaptainD's boy will drive me. - BrenJaLee - 08-17-2013

Haven't stopped by this board in a while. So happy to pop in and read a story like this. Blessings to you Markospoon. Have a great visit with the kids!

Re: Linston, CaptainD's boy will drive me. - booger - 08-17-2013

Good Karma coming your way man....