The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Bleaching products - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Bleaching products (/showthread.php?tid=68328)

Pages: 1 2

Bleaching products - wendy - 08-25-2013

Along with stopping for a rum and smoke, u can also purchase your bleaching products Sad
Few ladies i talked with mix the cream in their body lotions, the best customers are men, so i was told..they believe it helps get the ladies LOL

Re: Bleaching products - RGondaRoad - 08-26-2013

When we were in Portland last winter I took a ride with my host down the road for some groceries on a Sunday. We saw a young woman, maybe late teens, walking to church - with bleach cream on her face.

My host/friend got very upset - its bad enough that she bleaches her skin he said but in a house of G-d? He found that completely inappropriate and insulting.

Re: Bleaching products - booger - 08-26-2013

My take is that this is no different than tanning for white folks. Not sure why people care what others choose to do to their skin. Is it harmful? Yep, but so is tanning.....
When I lived in Asia you would see laborers covered from head to toe so as not to let their skin darken up. It was a class issue and it broke my heart to see people dressed like that in the sweltering heat and humidity.

face bleaching - Rambo - 08-26-2013

"We saw a young woman, maybe late teens, walking to church - with bleach cream on her face.
My host/friend got very upset - its bad enough that she bleaches her skin he said but in a house of G-d? He found that completely inappropriate and insulting. "

Its great a young person is going to church..I think God would OK the Face...maybe not?

Re: Bleaching products - RGondaRoad - 08-26-2013

I understand the cultural significance very well...I was just sharing what my Jamaican host felt about the issue. He's not the only Jamaican I know who does not approve of bleaching not just for health issues but for cultural issues as well.

Re: Bleaching products - suzengrace - 08-27-2013

Thanks Macy--and bleaching would seem to mean a better life or at least out of the life your currently in..
I remember a gogo dancer I met saying she got alot of better tips and prospects if she looked "lighter"...and thats why she did it...unfortunately thats the current (and long -standing) culture...

Re: Bleaching products - oldtimer - 08-27-2013

" Marrying white can be seen as an accomplishment." ...Is that because the babies will be lighter ? In Halifax the Kenya club has 88 males . NOT ONE !!!!! has a Kenya girlfriend . My daughter's friend is married to one of them , seems like an out of whack ratio .

Re: Bleaching products - JonTom - 08-27-2013

V. Kartel has reportedly raked in the cash from his "Cake Soap" line, as well as related songs, while others have profited from songs of the opposing view ("real man nuh bleach").

Money to be made regardless of viewpoint, I suppose... "we want paper, big up all money maker".

Re: Bleaching products - JASpirit - 08-29-2013

The tanning example is not the same because the sun darkens the skin naturally- and the skin is having a natural response to the sun. Using a chemical to artificially strip the skin of its pigment is a very different thing.

Re: Bleaching products - booger - 08-29-2013

Sure it is, all in the name of vanity.....