The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Plan for Migration to New Board - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Plan for Migration to New Board (/showthread.php?tid=72105)

Plan for Migration to New Board - dreadneck - 02-26-2014

<P>So, the switch to the new board is just around the corner and in an effort to address any questions or concerns, this thread has been created.<P>What I can tell you is the following:<P>The new board will replace the old board and will be located at jamericans.net. The new board has a temporary address at the moment. This is one if the reasons why there has not been any mass mailing of invites.<P>The reason for the change is that the current board is old technology that is not being updated to keep up with the times. It puts a big load on the server, which tends to make it run slow. It is difficult and time consuming to keep it running smoothly.<P>The date of the switch has not been set. We want people to make a comfortable transistion and have a chance to try it out and expose any shortcomings that need to be addressed.<P>I am working on converting the posts to the new board. If successful, this will be the cleanest implementation. The alternative is to maintain the current board as an archive. The problem is, the archive would be slow and/or clunky to use.<P>It will take a while to develop the conversion software. I have looked high and low, and have found nothing that will work out of the box, so I decided to roll my own solution.<P>Please feel free to ask questions/make comments in this thread.<BR>

Re: Plan for Migration to New Board - ohliz - 02-26-2014

<P>Thumbs up, thanks!

Re: Plan for Migration to New Board - kylake - 02-27-2014

<P>Thanks Dread, much appreciated!

Re: Plan for Migration to New Board - Raine - 02-27-2014

<P>Thanks Dreaddy.